This is all within one standard deviation of the average amount of fail in any given Microsoft product. In fact, I think it stands a better chance than Google’s or Amazon’s offering.
Let’s say you’re a business decision maker, and you got yourself on this cloud computing kick. Who would you rather buy your cloud resources from?
1. A company whose main business is books
2. A company whose main business is text advertisements
3. A company whose main business is business software
Let’s leave alone the “there may not really be tools to program or manage it” issue, and just rephrase that last question:
Which would you rather buy your cloud resources from:
1. Either of two companies whose minute-by-minute business survival depends on how well their cloud resources work for them
2. A company whose minute-by-minute business survival is ensured by a monopoly, but would really like to sell you more software and services